Du moins c’est ce qu’il croyait.
Tout ceci n’était en fait qu’un mirage...
16'40, 16/9, multicast on three screens, HD, 2011.
Presentation at BYTS,
Bosh Young Talent Show 2011 in Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands.
"Rita" is a video installation that takes up the final scene of Orlon Welles' "The Lady of Shanghai" (1947). Actors repeatedly play the role of Rita Hayworth on three screens. This scene never ends, the last breath of Rita is repeated and repeated again. By the accumulation and framing, this scene, at first glance tragic, becomes haunting and grotesque.
- You can fight but what good is it? Good bye...
- Do you mean we can’t win?
- No we can’t win. Give my love to the sunrise...
- We can’t lose either, only if you quit.
- And you’re not going...
- Not again !
- Oh! Michael! I’m afraid, michael! Come back! Michael, please! I don’t wanna die! I don’t wanna die!